Monday, 31 December 2012

Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Welcoming in the New Year

Happy (almost) 2013, everyone! I am writing this with roughly 7 hours to go until the official start of the New Year for sunny old England.

I am now one week away from exams, so I have been trying to work hard and not get distracted. The thought of 2013 has me wanting to cry/scream/take a long walk off a short pier, as the stress of getting towards the end of my university degree is certainly having an effect on me. Nonetheless I wish everyone else a peaceful and happy New Year, and I will look back on 2012 with fond memories.

So, apart from stressful university-related things, what will 2013 hold for me? As with 2012, I am hoping to attend as many re-enactment events as I can get to, and I am also starting to look into the possibility of attending one of the bigger weekenders such as War and Peace, Rockabilly Rave or Twinwood, to name just three.

Now to the other part of my post, and something very exciting for me: Ivy over at Evie's Tea Room was kind enough to give me the 'Very Inspiring Blogger Award'.



The rules for this award are as follows:
1) thank the blogger who gave it to you
2) share 7 things about yourself
3) nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know in a comment they have been given the award.

So of course, thank you to Ivy for thinking of me, and here are my 7 facts about myself:
1) I am currently nearing the end of my university degree studying Forensic Science
2) I am a huge science fiction fan, in books, movies and television
3) I work as a receptionist at weekends
4) This year I have attended several 1940s and home front re-enactment events, but I first became interested in vintage clothing etc via a more modern rockabilly and pin-up style of the variety with sleeve tattoos and cherry print halterneck dresses. 
5) I passed my driving test earlier this year, although I do not currently own a car
6) I once dyed my hair pink
7) I am an October baby

And here are ten bloggers who have inspired me this year:

See you all in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment