Style Me Vintage

by - 14:56

style me vintage via lovebirds vintage

I went shopping today and finally picked up a copy of Style Me Vintage. I've seen quite a few other people blogging about it and I read quite a few blogs of the models/bloggers featured in the book so I already knew it would be worth a look.

The book is lovely inside with many beautiful photos and pictures. It covers the 1920s to the 1980s, so as well as finding out more about the decades I am actively interested in, I will also be able to find out a bit more about the fashion in the decades either side. For each decade there is a list of items you can wear to create your desired look, and the book also features hair styling and makeup tips and tutorials. There is also a lot of really useful information on how to shop for and care for vintage clothing.

It might not be a book to read cover to cover (although I probably will read it cover to cover), but it makes a really nice reference book for anyone with an interest in vintage clothing. 

style me vintage via lovebirds vintage

Above: gorgeous picture of Annie Pancake from the 1920s section of the book.

I'm sure I will find myself referring to it often, even if only to look at the pictures. I am also looking forward to checking off items on the shopping lists for the decades I'm most interested in, partially to see how many of the items I actually already own, and also with a view to buying the items I don't own. The other thing I will without a doubt be using is the list of online vintage shops, as vintage shops in my area are few and far between.

We also stopped for coffee in a coffee shop I've never been in before. It's an independent family-run shop, and certainly has that kitschy kind of artsy feel to it. I had a white chocolate mocha (I know!) and they have written their table numbers on old books. 

coffee via lovebirds vintage

coffee via lovebirds vintage

coffee via lovebirds vintage

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've never heard of that book, but it looks pretty cool! I'll have to try to check it out, too!

    ReplyDelete