Congratulations, Carl and Jessica

by - 19:33

On Saturday we celebrated the wedding of my cousin Carl and his new wife, Jessica. They were married in a very pretty historic hotel. I love weddings but I haven't had the chance to go to one for ages so I was pleased to have the opportunity to dress up, celebrate with my family and have a lot of fun dancing at the reception.

1950s inspired wedding outfit via lovebirds vintage

Dress - Collectif | Pashmina - Matalan | Fascinator - Claire's Accessories
Shoes - Deichmann (they have a matching bag not seen here) 
Umbrella - brolliesgalore | Pearl necklace - 50s vintage
Petticoat - self-made from this tutorial 

1950s inspired wedding outfit via lovebirds vintage

I'm pleased to be able to say that my hair stayed in place all day (with the help of plenty of hairspray and bobby pins). It's a little more vintage-inspired than it is vintage, what with the asymmetrical quality, but that's okay.  

wedding via lovebirds vintage

wedding via lovebirds vintage

wedding via lovebirds vintage

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. How beautiful milieu for a wedding! Looks amazing :) And your look is wonderful, so pretty! I like the dress a lot and your hair is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an gorgeous outfit. i love everything about it.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear gal, you look ravishingly beautiful! Excellent choice of wedding attire - that hat is such a show-stopping beauty.

    Many happy congrats to your cousin and his new wife.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that building is gorgeous! And what a fun event to get dressed up for. I haven't been to a wedding in ages and would love to again. You look super cute!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete