Product Review: Lush Ultrabland

by - 22:50

Around the end of May/beginning of June time, I visited Lush and received a full skin consultation. I came away with several of their products which I hoped would be better for my skin than the ones I had previously been using. I have been a customer of Lush's for around the past 6 years or so by my count, and I will certainly continue to shop there. Since most of their products contain very natural ingredients, I feel like I am putting better things on my skin. Their products also smell amazing and are cruelty free - always a bonus in my books.


One of the products I purchased at the time was their Ultrabland cleanser, which I have been using ever since. 


I really enjoy the light, natural smell of this product. It's made largely of beeswax, and this certainly comes through in the scent. The texture reminds me of vaseline, although to me it feels less greasy. 

During the time I have been using this product, I have felt that the results have been really good. My skin feels well cleansed and soft; the product is not drying at all and doesn't leave a residue on the skin as long as you wash it off properly after use. 

I have felt that the pot has lasted me a good amount of time for the money.

The one downside of the product as far as I am concerned is that it contains methyl- and propylparaben.  I only discovered this fairly recently as part of my current paraben-free drive. I would prefer it without the parabens, but it's not an absolute dealbreaker for me. I would almost certainly buy this product again in the future, and I had been planning to replace my current pot until I found out about the parabens. I'm going to try a different, paraben-free cleanser for a while, but if I find that going paraben-free makes no difference to my skin, I may well switch back to this again.

Ingredients: Almond Oil, Rose Water, Beeswax, Honey, Fresh Iris Extract, Glycerine, Rose Absolute, Tincture of Benzoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Price: £6.75 for 45g

Overall rating: 4/5

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Lush in any way. This product was bought with my own money and all opinions are my own. 

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi lovely - it sounds like it is a cold cream style product (a beeswax/almond oil mixed with water). I make my own cold cream with beeswax, oil (I personally use rice bran oil) and water (you could easily replace the water with rosewater - I brew a strong cup of green tea instead of water). It doesn't take long and I whip mine up in the microwave. I love knowing exactly what goes in it and my skin feels just divine using it. If you are interested the recipe is on my blog.

    Good luck with your facial routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I will see about giving this a try!

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I have endlessly dry skin and am always looking for natural or mostly natural products that can deliver moisture, while not bugging my sensitive skin at the same time. I've read a lot about their offerings, but have never tried Lush's products before. You've really got me thinking that I should one of these days! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete