Outfit: Stepping Out Sailer

by - 15:45

sailer girl via lovebirds vintage

Dress: Collectif | Shoes: Stead and Simpson

This was my outfit for a trip into town this morning with my mum. I don't wear this dress half as often as I would like as it's a hair too small on the bust and requires some effort to get into, but I really love it too much to give it up just for that. Since the rest of it fits me perfectly, I reckon sizing up on this dress might have spoiled the overall look.

I kept it simple with accessories (I'm only wearing a pair of pearl earrings which are hidden under my hair in this photo) but I'm trying to work on wearing accessories more often as I think they really finish off an outfit. I'm on the lookout for some bracelets I can wear with this and maybe an anchor brooch or something!

Yes, the bow flops - it's drives me insane and I'm going to pop a couple of stitches in it to keep it in tip top shape.

Until next time, don't forget you can join me on Facebook, Tumblr and Bloglovin'

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. Gorgeous dress! It looks fabulous on, well worth having to squish the bust a little to get in it!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly a lovely dress! It's so cute with the pockets and the large bow and suits you very well! Love your hair and your pose, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress! I do so love the nautical style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so darling I wouldn't want to give it up either! Worth the effort to get in!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Some days it just has to be done.

      Delete
  5. Splendidly cute, summery, awesome dress! I am such a love of classic nautical style pieces like this - it must stem from the fact that I was born all but a stone's throw away from the Pacific Ocean. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Classic' is definitely the word - nautical styles just keep coming back into fashion! Nothing is new under the sun, as they say.

      Delete
  6. Love your blog:) I'm new to blogging so I'm not sure what I'm doing back I'm going to try and follow you! Reading list is it?

    Coleykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you can add me to whichever feed reader you prefer to use :)

      Delete