Outfit: Teddy Girl

by - 16:20

Way back in February, Emileigh from Flashback Summer wrote two Teddy Girl posts (1, 2). I was inspired to put together my own Teddy Girl outfit as well. At the time I seem to remember it was really too cold here to wear the outfit that I'd chosen and after that, despite my best intentions, I just never got around to getting anything done.

The last couple of days I have been trying to sort out some of my clothes, and I was reminded of my aim to get this outfit photographed so my brother and I went for a walk to the old railway track to take some pictures. Most of the railway structures have long since been removed, including the track, but there are still a few interesting things left.

The outfit (or possibly a combination of my outfit and my brother's somewhat rock and roll style of dressing) attracted a lot of attention while we were out and about. Someone even leaned out of the window of their car to stare at us.. I hope we didn't cause an accident.

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage

teddy girl via lovebirds vintage
Blouse: Vero Moda via Asos | Jacket: George, around 5 or 6 years old
Jeans: Matalan | Shoes: New Look via Asos | Scarf: vintage - The Ballroom Emporium

Thanks to Green-the-younger for taking the photos and to Emileigh for the original inspiration. 

Let's be friends! Bloglovin' / Facebook / Tumblr / G+

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I LOVE it! You look fabulous! I love the scarf and blazer together (nice texture contrast), and your hair looks uh-may-zing. Just like some of the original teddy girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thank you! I can't believe this took me so long to do, I meant to get it done waaaaay earlier in the year.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, you have nailed the classic teddy girl look to an absolute tee. Incredible styling and photography, dear gal. I'm doffing my vintage hat off here to you to no end right now!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy it turned out as well as it did. x

      Delete
  3. This is freakin' fantastic! I would have been staring out the car window too!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the teddy girl style! You've definitely pulled it off well especially with scarf and hair. Isnt that interesting about the look? The manly jeans and shirt, paired with the soft and feminine hair and scarf. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that is one of the things that really appeal to me about the style.

      Delete