Outfit: Church and The Woods

by - 13:38

historic village church via lovebirds vintage

historic village church via lovebirds vintage

historic village church via lovebirds vintage

woods via lovebirds vintage

vintage girl fashion in the woods via lovebirds vintage
Hat - self-made | Coat - H&M | Dress - vintage | Shrug (seen in next photo) - Primark several years ago via a friend
Gloves - vintage, gift from my grandparents 
 Hold-ups (held up with a suspender belt because hold-ups always fall down on me) - Primark 
Socks - Primark | Shoes - Dorothy Perkins

vintage girl fashion in the woods via lovebirds vintage

vintage girl fashion in the woods via lovebirds vintage

This is the church I used to go to when I was little. Its construction began in around 1310 but there has been a church on this site since the late 600s AD. One of the vicars died of the plague in the 1300s and another was ejected in 1660 during the restoration of the monarchy.

There is a small wooded area next to the church in the grounds of what used to be a manor house (built in the 1840s) but which has now been converted into apartments.

I love living in an area with so much history and there's so much more of it to photograph.

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. You are indeed impeccably elegant! And such beautiful surroundings you grew up in, it is really a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat is so beautiful and I love the plaid dress popping out from underneath it! I wish we had such churches where I live, you are so lucky to live in a country so rich in history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And it really is great for history - so much to look at!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it astonishing to stand in a place like that and know that human history stretches back on it for so very, very long? I am always humbled by places with so many centuries of life in their soil (so to speak).

    What a lovely start of autumn outfit, dear gal (love the colour of your hat!). We seemed to have hopped, with (no joke) barely a day in between from summer to just about the beginning of winter. I really hope it warms back up a touch - I'd like at least a few weeks of real fall before another lengthy Canadian winter kicks off.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical place you live in! And I spot some plaid competition! ;-)
    I'm keeping a tally now and you better get to hunting some plaid game!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete