Makeup Tutorial: How To Steal A Million

by - 12:11

Recently during my internet travels I ran across this lovely image of Audrey Hepburn from 'How To Steal A Million':

Of course she looks gorgeous as always and her makeup is so on point. I had a go at re-creating this look and made a little photo tutorial to go along with it. 


audrey hepburn how to steal a million photo tutorial via lovebirds vintage

1. Prime your eyes before applying shadow. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion in 'Original'.
2. Using a fluffy brush, apply a matte brown eyeshadow to the crease area of your eye. It works well with a shadow in a shade or two darker than your skin tone. I'm using a mixture of 'Naked' and 'Buck' by Urban Decay
3. Apply a pewter or gold eyeshadow to your eyelid. Here I am using a non-brand loose shadow applied over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy. 
4. Line your lower lash line with the same brown eyeshadow that you used for your crease colour so that your eyes don't look unbalanced.
5. Line your lower waterline (and tightline if you can) with a black kohl pencil.
6. Draw a cat eye using black liquid liner.
7. Carefully trace the outline of your orbital bone to create the second line with the eyeliner. I freehanded mine but you could draw it on with your kohl pencil first so it's easier to erase if you make a mistake, then go over the top of your outline with black liquid liner.
8. Add your mascara (and false lashes if you wish).


What do you think? Would you wear this look out of the house? This is my first attempt at a photo tutorial of any kind but I think it turned out okay! Audrey wears it better but I had fun.


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Magnificent! You got the look and I'm amazed at your skills with makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stellar tutorial! On paper one might think that this look would be best suited just to evening, but you've expertly proved that it can rock for daytime wear as well. It's glam, but not blindingly so, and just as pretty as pretty can be. I will be trying it out myself soon - can't wait!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun tutorial and I must say this is a great look for you! Your eyes are beautiful!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete