Product Review: Urban Decay Lip Envy

by - 14:39

When I was away in Oxford I visited the Urban Decay counter with the intention of replacing my concealer, and came away with a new concealer as well as a product which was completely new to me. I am a huge fan of Urban Decay products, so I didn't need any convincing to give this a try.

Lip Envy is a lip stain that comes in two colours: Envious and Greedy. The lady on the counter applied it to my cheeks and lips using the colour 'Envious', which she said was best suited to paler 'English Rose' type complexions.


In the photo above I am wearing it blended onto my cheeks and a single coat on my lips. It gives a pretty, natural flush on my cheeks and a sheer medium pink colour on my lips. It is vanilla scented and dries to a mostly matte finish. I do find it slightly sticky once it's dried, but this isn't a huge problem for me. I prefer the slightly sticky texture to some other lip stains I have tried which are very drying.

In terms of wear time, I would classify this as medium to good. It lasts longer than a lot of other lip products, and wears off evenly. There is no problem with it peeling and becoming patchy, as is the case with many other lip stains I have tried. It can be worn with a gloss over the top if you wish, but I love the more matte finish. 

It's easy to layer up and can be built up to a much deeper shade of raspberry, as shown below:


On the whole I would really recommend this product. I would love to see a wider range of colours, but I am happy with 'Envious' for the moment. I haven't used any other Urban Decay lip products, but I would definitely try them now that I've had such good results with this.

The packaging is pretty and edgy in true Urban Decay style. The bottle is shaped like an ink well and comes with a doe foot applicator.

urban decay lip envy in envious via lovebirds vintage


Vegan? Yes

Paraben-free? No

Price: $17/£12.00 for 8.5ml 

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/VP Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Sodium Saccharin, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, 
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Urban Decay. This product was bought with my own money and all opinions are my own. 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's a wonderfully pretty colour. Vivid, but not glaringly so. Feminine, elegant and redolent of a really deeply saturated pink Popsicle kind of colour. It looks smashing on you, honey!

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* You have absolutely gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do so love the colour of this lip stain.

      Delete