Outfit: Sunday Showgirl

by - 10:00

sunday showgirl via lovebirds vintage

My brother was home from university last week and although the weather was rubbish for most of it, we managed to pop out on Sunday morning before he had to leave. We went for a walk around Ashbourne, which it a nice local town with lots of antiques stores. We didn't stay very long because it was cold despite the sunshine, but it was nice to have a break from the rain we've been having recently.

sunday showgirl via lovebirds vintage
Vintage showgirl playsuit - Vintfox Boutique 
Cardigan (just visible on 1st photo) - high street | Skirt - Matalan (old)
Coat - M&S via local boutique | Bag - high street (Primark?)
Diamond-pattern tights - high street | Shoes - Deichmann
Sunglasses (seen in 1st photo) - Primark

One thing I don't own which I must think about buying is a large black handbag. A have a handful of really nice smaller black handbags both vintage and modern, but sometimes you just need a really big one in which to store all your junk. Or at least I do. 

My hair was inspired (roughly speaking) by this tutorial by Retro Chick. The actual tutorial video wouldn't play for me when I tried it in the morning, and I didn't have the time or patience to fiddle with it, so I just made the style up as I went along. I must also invest in some more hair ornaments as I never seem to have enough or the right size or the right colour to do what I want to do.

ashbourne via lovebirds vintage

ashbourne via lovebirds vintage

ashbourne via lovebirds vintage

sunday showgirl via lovebirds vintage

I am hoping for some good weather this summer so that I might be able to wear the playsuit on its own, maybe with a cover-up of some kind. The back of it is made of lace, and it's too lovely not to show off.

In other news, I was contacted recently regarding applications for The Great British Sewing Bee. Apparently they have had a lot of applications from vintage enthusiasts who sew their own clothes or upcycle items for a vintage wardrobe. If you think you would be interested in applying, you can find the details here. Please do let me know if you decide to apply, I'd love to know how you get on.

------------------

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Love your fabulous coat! It reminds me of my grandma (in a fashionable, good way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty place and you look lovely.
    I have a large black patent handbag which is great for popping all manner of bits and bobs in. It's waterproof too which I love but alas the handle has started to split really badly, but then I only paid £5 for it and I've had it for absolutely years now so I can't really complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I will look out for a big black handbag, I really need one.

      Delete
  3. You did a great job making it up! :D
    That is a lovely coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will try to follow the instructions properly next time!

      Delete
  4. you look great, you live in such a beautiful place, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic, wonderfully nice ensemble. I am such a die hard fan of black and red sported together (it's practically my winter uniform). You know, I didn't have a decent sized black vintage handbag until last September myself either, and even it is much more on the "medium" side of the size spectrum than the large one. They're not the easiest of things to find for sure, as most handbags tended to me fairly modest sized during our beloved mid-century decades.

    Big hugs & tons of happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I saw your handbag I think, on your blog :)

      Delete
  6. You look lovely and your hairs are perfect. Such a beautiful place you are.
    Black colors is really "classy"

    ReplyDelete