Outfit: I don't play poker, sir. I play chess.

by - 14:01


Late 40s/early 50s dress - Friendly Fox Vintage
Cardigan - gift | Shoes - Dorothy Perkins

I wore this dress to work yesterday - it's a heavier fabric than a lot of my other dresses so it's perfect for the grey drizzly weather we're having at the moment. It's another of my checked/plaid dresses... I love it so! Obviously this required another chess-based title, following on from my last... 




I'm so looking forward to some better weather... I'm bored of taking photos indoors, it's making me feel like I have no life and just sit at home all day! Although in actual fact, I haven't been going out and doing a lot recently anyway as I'm really busy with uni things.

I'm currently working on finishing my dissertation, which is due in a couple of weeks time, and after that I have one more piece of coursework, a mock job interview, the Viva Voce (oral exam) for my dissertation, and finally a court appearance where I will have to give evidence as an expert witness. The court appearance is going to be the worst - I started losing sleep over it before Christmas...! But, it's only about 10 minutes or so of my life, and then I will have finished my whole degree...



I am looking forward to the Crich 1940s weekend; it's somewhat snuck up on me this time around and I am very unsure what I'm going to wear. Any suggestions would be very welcome (I'm a little short on 40s clothing and I am trying to spend as little money as possible...). If you're going to Crich, I'll maybe see you there - come and say hi :)

I must get going now, see if I can get another few hundred words of my dissertation done during the rest of the day. Here's hoping for some better weather for the rest of the week...!

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. You are so beautiful! I love the cut and the pastel checked pattern on this dress :) The 1940s weekend sounds fabulous, I do hope you take photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's one of my favourites! There will definitely be photos of the 1940s weekend, I think I've more or less worked out what I'm going to wear...!

      Delete
  2. That's a BEAUTIFUL dress! It's one of my favorite color combos, a great shape, and you look wonderful in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thanks! =D I think the colour was a lot of what drew me to it in the first place, it's quite unusual in my wardrobe.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderfully lovely colour combination - it's sweet as cotton candy and looks so very, very beautiful on you.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you so much for each and every one of your recent blog comments, dear Helen Mae, I wholeheartedly appreciate and enjoy reading all of them. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's no trouble at all. Thank you for writing such a lovely blog that I can enjoy commenting on so often!

      Delete